The Conservation Areas Workshop is Back: Registration is now closed for 2022!
WORKSHOP: October 26-27, 2022
THEME: Growing Together – Conservation Lands for All (Lands, Technology, Community)
At long last, land managers from Ontario’s Conservation Areas will come together to participate in the 2022 Conservation Areas Workshop from October 26-27, 2022 at Fern Resort in Orillia.
What’s in store?
- PLENARY(DAY 1) - Pathway to Reciprocity: Us and the Land (Indigenous Health and Wellness)
- PLENARY(DAY 2) - Empowering People Living with Disabilities to Explore Nature
- PLENARY(DAY 2) - Land Inventory and Conservation Area Strategies: Guidance on the New Regulatory Requirements under the CA Act
- PLENARY (DAY 2) - Managers' Panel: A discussion with those who have climbed the ladder
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Focus on Customer Service
- Electric Vehicles: The Future of Fleet
- Visitor Experience Enhancement: Passive Recreation Opportunities
- A Focus on Permitting: Weddings, Events and Filming in CAs
- The Right Solutions for You is now Tech Solutions for Managing Conservation Area Visitors
- Beyond Youth Engagement: Strategies, Programs and Initiatives
- Risk Management: Defending your Work on the Front Lines with Marsh Canada Ltd.
- Natural Disasters - Preparing for the Worst
- Recruitment: Shifting the Paradigm
- Training Opportunities:
-Regulations Compliance Committee - Ticket Writing and De-escalation Tactics
-Focus on Promotion: How Field Staff Can Help Communications and Outreach Through the Lens of Photography
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2022!
Great prizes to be won! Full workshop participants will get the chance to win a canoe/kayak launch courtesy of EZ Dock or Hid-A-Bag courtesy of NexGen Municipal!
Learn about the 2022 Conservation Areas Workshop Innovation Award
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS THE CONSERVATION AREAS WORKSHOP (CAW)?
For 15 years, conservation professionals working in parks and open spaces, from the 36 member organizations within Conservation Ontario, have been gathering at the Conservation Areas Workshop (CAW). The workshop provides an opportunity and platform for engagement, sharing experiences and best practices, training, and collaboration. The CAW continues to provide an excellent source of knowledge to our participants through virtual opportunities. Workshop attendees come from the fields of conservation and land management, including planners, educators, foresters, park operations and enforcement officers and so many others that help to protect parks and open spaces. We discuss and share the challenges, collaborative efforts, lessons learned, and potential solutions for multi-dimensional issues that affect us all.
Conservation Areas Workshop Committee
David Orr Co-chair (CVC), Tori Fisher Co-chair (CVC), Nekeisha Mohammed (CO), Dan Andrews (LSRCA), Michael Armstrong (GRCA), Brenna Bartley (CH), Zachary Cox (LPRCA), Liam Fletcher (HCA), Brandon Good (LPRCA), Ryan Mackett (LRCA), and John Mesman (SNCA).