The responsible care of our natural resources and wildlife on a watershed basis is essential to balancing human and economic needs against the needs of our natural environment. We all need a vibrant environment in order to ensure that we have plenty of clean water and a healthy ecosystem. As caretakers of our environment, we need to continue to devise approaches to plan, promote and implement stewardship practices that protect and restore natural resources.
Conservation Authorities have a long history in working with landowners in the planning and delivery of watershed stewardship initiatives. Learn more about Watershed Stewardship Services at Conservation Authorities.
Here’s how Conservation Authorities support community:
- Develop technical tools to monitor and assess the state of our watersheds
- Provide advice and technical assistance
- Promote community involvement
- Build partnerships with all levels of government, environmental groups, businesses, residents and landowners
- Create educational resources